R. Robertson Insurance Brokers is a full-service insurance brokerage catering to small-to-medium sized businesses and individuals. Dedicated to providing the best coverage at the lowest price, they provide access through a variety of insurance providers to a range of insurance products. These products include property, casualty, home, automotive, and personal and business liability insurance.
THE BURNING PLATFORM
R. Robertson Insurance Brokers had been experiencing error messages on their computer systems for some time, and its leaders were unsure as to the implications on day-to-day functions. As well, R. Robertson Insurance Brokers wanted to look to the business’s potential future technological needs, to see whether those needs could be met by its existing computer systems.
THE BUSINESS CASE
The firm hoped to simplify the lives of their people and ensure everyone had access to documents, including their daily mail, from their laptops— regardless of where they were. They also wanted less duplication and a system that would allow their lawyers to spend more time doing billable work rather than looking for documents. Partner, Ian Mair, “Wanted the ability to create an online system that was similar to how the firm traditionally worked with paper.” The firm was ready to find the right provider.
Triella delivered exceptional value through:
- An assessment of existing and future IT needs (everything from servers and software to server configuration and wiring the office).
- The identification and prioritization of problems affecting the performance of the system so that the firm could work on those things that were most important first.
- A clear, concise, and thorough review and a technology roadmap for implementing the recommendations.
- High-level troubleshooting around issues that those within the brokerage never thought of, for instance, protecting critical data through a backup regime based on best practices.
- A price that is very realistic for the amount of time and energy that goes into Triella’s work and presentations to leaders.
Greg Robertson hired Triella to first assess the impact of the error messages and then provide recommendations based on the brokerage’s current IT needs and potential future needs. Robertson is unequivocal: “Charles Bennett [Triella’s principal] is one of the most thorough, detail-oriented people I’ve met. He is very competent, knowledgeable, efficient and diligent. He focuses on what’s wrong with your systems… and he gets the job done.”
Based on Triella’s recommendations, the firm replaced their old server which not only solved the error message but has resulted in a marked difference in performance. The firm continues to implement the recommendations. According to Greg Robertson: “We got everything that we wanted in the review. We gained the confidence that our systems are running adequately, that we’re moving in the right direction with our systems, and we achieved this thanks to Triella.”