OneDrive is a cloud based storage and productivity platform where you can save your documents, pictures, videos or anything you want to be able to access remotely. You can access your files saved into OneDrive from any device i.e. computer, tablet, cell phone etc. All you need to do is sign in to your OneDrive account and you will be able to access or download your files.
- You can sign up to OneDrive for free which offers 5 GB of storage space. If you are new to OneDrive and want to explore and learn more about it, then you can go for this option. You can purchase additional storage any time by paying monthly or annually as per your requirement. Please visit https://signup.live.com/ to sign up for free.
- After sign up and create an account visit https://onedrive.live.com/ and sign in into your account. You can create new folders and upload your files from any of your devices into your OneDrive account. You can upload an entire folder at once or a single file individually.
- With OneDrive you can share your any of your files with your colleagues, family or friends just by sending a link to them by a text or email , Teams or Zoom etc.
- OneDrive allows you to set permissions when you are sharing your documents with other people. You can also adjust the access restrictions to view only or enable editing of documents for the person you are sharing the link with. You can change the access restrictions for any link you sent at any time or delete the link if you are no longer willing to give them access to your files you have previously shared.
- Offline Access is another great feature of OneDrive which allows users to access files without being online. If OneDrive has synced your documents and folders with a particular device, you can access them without the internet which means you will always have access to your most important files whenever you need them regardless of not having an internet connection.
- If you choose to have offline access to your files, you can download the OneDrive app on your device. This will sync all the files are folders which are saved in your OneDrive onto your device as well. But considering this option will not save you space on your computer or the device you are using. It’s good to have offline access to your data but you will have to keep in the mind the available storage on your device.
- As OneDrive works with Microsoft Office apps (Word ,Excel or PowerPoint), you can open a document saved in OneDrive and work together in real time with other people.
- OneDrive keeps your files safe which means if you lose your documents from any of your devices by accidentally deleting them or your device gets damaged or broken, you can always access your documents on OneDrive on the web. Combined with the Triella Office 365 backup solution, you can recover from any data loss in OneDrive.
The information mentioned above is for individuals who want to explore the product and are not recommended for businesses. If you want to move your business to the Microsoft 365 platform and use the benefits of OneDrive, it is best to go through an IT provider like Triella. Call us now to get started! 647.426.1004
Harwinder Kaur is a Client Support Specialist at Triella. We are a technology consulting company specializing in providing technology audits, planning advice, project management and other CIO-related services to small and medium-sized firms. Harwinder can be reached at 647.426.1004. For additional articles, go to our blog page. Triella is a VMware Professional Partner, Microsoft Certified Partner, Citrix Solution Advisor – Silver, Dell Preferred Partner, Authorized Worldox Reseller and a Webroot Reseller.
© 2020 by Triella Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction with credit is permitted.