Email signatures are an important aspect of composing business emails. Email signatures can be used as a tool for branding your business or to communicate important details about your business profile. This includes information such as your contact information, name, and title along with your branding which makes your email more professional, you can even include logo or even a photo of yourself. Preconfigured email signatures help save time as you do not have to create a new signature at the end of every single email. For this reason, we have created a blog to help you create a variety of different signature types that fit your business needs. Below are some tips and tricks you can use to create effective email signatures in Outlook:
- Go to Outlook Home tab, click New Email. You can also press Ctrl+N and that will also open up a new message. Click on the Message tab and then click signatures option to create a new one.
- Select the Email account for which you want to associate this signature with. Click new and add a name for your signature.
- In the Edit section, you can add the details you want to showcase in your signature e.g. name, title, email, company website etc. You can select the font, size and color as well. Once you are done adding details, click save. You can make additional changes anytime you want by going back to the signature and edit it.
- You can decide when you want to include the signature under “choose default signature”. You can add it to new messages or replies and forwards as per your choice.
If you do not want the signature to show up automatically on all emails, choose “none” for new messages or replies and forwards, then you can manually insert the signatures for each email by clicking on the signature under Message tab.
- These instructions assume that you have already created a file with your signature.
- Go to Edit signature under Message tab again, select your signature you want to Edit, click on Insert picture icon and browse for the image file to want to add along with the text in signature.
- Once done, click on save. Now when you insert your signature in the email, it shows the handwritten signature you added alongside the text.
- First, go to the Message tab and insert the previously created text based or handwritten signature in email. Then add a table by going to Insert tab and click table option. Insert a table of one row and two columns.
- Copy your text or handwritten signature and paste into one column (either left or right as per your choice). In the second column, click on the Insert tab at the top to upload a picture (can be a logo or a picture of yourself) and Select Pictures option. Then browse to the picture you want to add and upload it into the table.
- You can resize the image by dragging the edges to make it fit the perfect size. Also, you can remove the table borders to make it look professional and clean.
- When you are done making changes, copy the whole signature, go to “Edit Signatures” option again to change your existing signatures, paste the whole content and then save. You can add this as a new signature or edit your existing signature as you would like.
- You can also add social media links within your signature and then link off to your profile (YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc.) Go to Edit Signature option again, click on Insert picture icon, and upload the logo of the website you want. You can download any of the logos from Google and save it on your computer before adding to your signature.
- Once you add the logo, select it and click on the icon to insert hyperlink, type the URL of the social media profile you want, click OK and then save it. Now the social media icons will be clickable with the corresponding hyperlink added to it.
- There is also an option to add a business in the Edit signature section. You can insert any contact details from your email account as a Business Card to show all the details in a good-looking format. You will not be able to edit, copy or paste the contents of the business card.
Lastly, if you find it difficult and time consuming to create your signature, there is an option “Get signature templates” under Edit signature section provided by Microsoft. It will take Microsoft support website from where you can download the templates and use any into your signature. You can just copy the entire content of the template and paste in into your signature, then just edit the information to show your details and click save.
Triella can also help you setup signatures for your organization and provide consistency so your firm’s branding is consistent across all employees. Contact us now to get started. 647.426.1004
Harwinder Kaur is a Client Support Specialist at Triella. We are a technology consulting company specializing in providing technology audits, planning advice, project management and other CIO-related services to small and medium-sized firms. Harwinder can be reached at 647.426.1004. For additional articles, go to our blog page. Triella is a VMware Professional Partner, Microsoft Certified Partner, Citrix Solution Advisor – Silver, Dell Preferred Partner, Authorized Worldox Reseller and a Webroot Reseller.
© 2021 by Triella Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction with credit is permitted.