Because work doesn’t stop when employees leave their desks.
It’s an always-on, access anywhere, kind of world and employees need to stay connected and productive. Mimecast delivers mobile applications that provide access to valuable archived information using advanced search features and a familiar folder structure – backed by a 7 second search SLA. When primary systems fail, employees can continue sending and receiving email.
Mimecast Mobile is available on the following platforms:
- BlackBerry OS 10
Mimecast Mobile provides the following benefits:
- Powerful Archive Search capability.
- View and search for archived files and documents.
- Report potential spam to the Mimecast Security Team.
- Manage blocked and permitted senders.
- Manage personal and moderated message in hold queues.
- Add multiple accounts.
- Continue to send and receive email during a mail server outage.
- Archived Folders provides a familiar view of the folder structure and email even if they have been removed from Exchange.
How To Get Installed Mimecast on your Mobile
Install Mimecast Mobile:
- Download the application from the App Store.
- Open the Mimecast Mobile
- Enter your Email Address.
- Click on the Next
A notification may be displayed to allow the application to access your device’s contacts. These are not stored in Mimecast, and when composing emails, a list of the addresses will be shown. Mimecast does not store the Global Address List (GAL) of the organization.
- Add your Password. This can be a:
- Network (domain) password
- Mimecast Cloud password.
- Select the appropriate Password Type.
- Click on the Login The Passcode dialog is displayed.
This is required each time the application has been inactive for 15 minutes or more.
- Complete your Six Digit Passcodeand re-enter to confirm it. Once the Passcode is set up successfully the Online Inbox will be presented.
With passcode security:
- Opportunistic interaction with the application interface is prevented.
- All the accounts on the device will be removed if the Passcode is incorrectly entered five times.
- If the Passcode is reset, all accounts are removed from the device and must be re-added.
TouchID may be used when accessing the application on iOS devices.
- A passcode is still required
- If Cancel is chosen when TouchID is enabled, the Passcode screen is displayed.
- If TouchID verification fails on three attempts, the Passcode screen is displayed.
- Failed TouchID verification does not count towards the failed Passcode count.
Mimecast is a robust spam management tool capable of keeping unwanted emails or spam out of your inbox. The mobile application ensures that you always have access to your email should your email server or servers suffer unexpected downtime.
Consider implementing Mimecast into your environment for additional protection and security.
Want to learn more about Mimecast? Give us a call at 647-426-1004.
Muhammad Adil is a Client Support Specialist at Triella, a technology consulting company specializing in providing technology audits, planning advice, project management and other CIO-related services to small and medium sized firms. For additional articles, go to https://triella.com/whats-new/. Triella is a VMware Professional Partner, Microsoft Certified Partner, Citrix Solution Advisor – Silver, Dell Preferred Partner, Authorized Worldox Reseller and a Webroot Reseller.
© 2018 by Triella Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction with credit is permitted.