This tool for analyzing space usage on a drive can fix many issues with ease.
Treesize is a tool that quickly analyzes a drive’s contents and displays in graphical form, and the relative size of each directory on that drive. This makes it very easy to solve many data management issues, such as:
- Determine what directories are contributing most to a drive that is growing full
- Locate the key depositories of files and databases on an unfamiliar drive
- Locate where a program is caching temp files
- Determine the size of user profiles, and if data is being kept in the wrong location
- Identify directories to be included in backup processes
- Find duplicate data that has been copied and then forgotten in a hidden directory
Treesize is useful for scanning servers and personal computers alike, and is particularly helpful for managing data on “ultralight” laptops, which are increasingly trading-off the large drive capacities in favour of speed and weight reduction. Treesize allows you to reclaim that precious drive space, and move your critical files to Cloud or server based storage in a snap.
Sean Kirby is a Client Support Specialist at Triella, a technology consulting company specializing in providing technology assessments, consulting, maintenance services and CIO-related services to small and medium sized firms. Sean can be reached at 647.426.1004. For additional articles, please visit https://triella.com/publications. Triella is a Citrix Partner, VMware Partner, Microsoft Small Business Specialist, Microsoft Silver Partner, Dell Preferred Partner, BlackBerry Alliance Partner and Authorized Worldox Reseller.
© 2016 by Triella Corp. All rights reserved. Reproduction with credit is permitted.